October 24, 2013

Wangsa Grill by Chef Zubir

During a drive around the neighbourhood recently, I saw a new restaurant at the new shop lots in Wangsa Melawati - Wangsa Grill by Chef Zubir. New branch I guess, cos I heard he has a couple of restaurants, Laman Grill in Shah Alam and Kajang. Just in case you don't know who Chef Zubir is, he is one of the jurors for Malaysia's edition of MasterChef.


My sis, lil niece and I decided to try it last weekend. We went around 5 pm and it was empty. I was a bit surprised. Eh?? How come?? I mean, he's quite popular so I expected the restaurant to be full. But then I thought, maybe cos it's a new restaurant or maybe just the odd timing of our visit. Neither lunch nor dinner time. For us, it's normal. We like having meals whenever we like. haha.. 
Families and groups started to come in continuously as we were finishing our meals, around 6.30 pm. So if you want a quiet environment, come in the afternoon. If you like people-watching or just want a happening environment, come at night la. 
the interior
wall deco
the boss!

 where's my food!!
Anyway, here's what we ordered!

Starter

Mushroom Cream Soup

Main Fare
US White Cod
Norwegian Salmon & Chilean Blue Mussel

Dessert
Warm Lava Chocolate Cake
The restaurant has an open kitchen so you can see the chef preparing your meals. We sat at the other side (there's a divider) so I didn't notice whether Chef Zubir was around that day. Didn't put any hopes to taste his cooking since he has 3 restaurants (that I know, maybe he has more?). Not sure which one he is based at. Perhaps he makes his appearance alternately between all 3 restaurants. Depends on your luck la.

But anyway, the food was good.
I am not sure what is the main specialty or a must try here, but here's the menu for your reference.   







I'm planning to go again in the future to taste the steak or wagyu beef.

 

The new shop lots is nearby Masjid Al-Muttaqin and Sekolah Kebangsaan Wangsa Jaya. The restaurant faces the main road, Jalan 2/27A so you will not miss it.

Another place for your gastronomic adventure!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Nak tanya sikit boleh?Harga Chicken chop yang mana satu eak?Saya tak berapa faham la dengan harga dia tu?

rara said...

@Aqil Aziz: errr.. tak faham? harga dia yg kat tepi tu rm25.90

Unknown said...

Dia buka pukul 12 tengahari kan? Sedap tak makan dekat situ?

Funny2046 said...

I like the way you describe Laman Grill. I do enjoy their food too, please see my review for them at http://malaysiafood.org/laman-grill/. Thanks :)

Unknown said...

this was an excellent place to dinner had a slight problem the restourent was very cold but once they were changed out everything else was excellent cafe looked spotless and well maintained and very comfortable

Unknown said...

bourbon vanilla ice cream? bourbon is a liquor right?

rara said...

@Yaya Zainal: I just googled and yeah.. bourbon is a kind of whisky. I didn't know it. Hmmmm. Perhaps anyone going to Wangsa Grill can help to ask Chef Zubir and verify?

KaiserSoze said...

Bourbon vanilla sejenis vanilla yang tak ada kaitan dengan whiskey.
Bourbon vanilla or Bourbon-Madagascar vanilla, produced from V. planifolia plants introduced from the Americas, is the term used for vanilla from Indian Ocean islands such as Madagascar, the Comoros, and Réunion, formerly the Île Bourbon. It is also used to describe the distinctive vanilla flavor derived from V. planifolia grown successfully in tropical countries such as India.

rara said...

@KaiserSoze: Thanks for explaining! Hope it clears anyone's doubt :)